Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

That's What He Said

Today was day 34 of student teaching. I will spare you the details but needless to say I was the brunt of several "that's what she said" jokes. All of which were quite funny. I was observed by a teacher from my credential program and she said that I am doing really well. I had the opportunity to share a little bit about the Lord with her and about all of the experiences that led up to me applying for the credential program (basically God telling me that firefighting was not in my future by breaking my wrist). I am starting to get the hang of teaching now but I will be relieved when this placement is done (though I think I will miss interacting with the students). This weekend Mel and I got tickets to see The Swell Season (the guy and girl from Once) in Oakland in April. We are quite excited. The tickets sold out in 20 minutes and are on Ebay right now for about 10 times what we paid for them. It's our only foreseeable date night in the near future. Life in the Middle School Ministry has been really good lately. I feel like God has given me a renewed sense of passion and purpose for the ministry. The last couple months have been kind of trying. Attendance sort of shrunk on Wednesdays and my schedule was so packed that the MSM fell a bit by the wayside. I sent a letter home to students and parents encouraging them to participate more Wednesday nights and to bring friends (we only have 8-9 kids a few weeks in a row). Last week we had 23 students and it was one of the better nights in recent memory (not just because of the number increase). All that being said, life is good right now. Mel and I feel really blessed and Tate continues to bring us joy on a daily basis. As you can see...we love this kid!


Only because he asked me to.
Really sleeping here. That is, until Mel woke me up with the flash. Tate highly recommends sleeping with your arms extended. He says it increases circulation.
He's a big fan of this seat.
Tate is over having his picture taken.

I will post more pictures of Mel and Tate later this week as well as some more video stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say? Beautiful baby, beautiful family (Perfect Pictures)
Can hardly wait to see more. EB

Charlie said...

screw you. enjoy the show....