Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Say "sayonara" to the undefeated A's!

The A's opened their 2008 season in Japan last night, playing the Red Sox in front of 55,000 people. It would've been fun to be there. I want to go to Japan someday. That said, I Tivo'd the game (it was on at 3am California time) and watched Huston Street blow the game as I ate breakfast this morning. They seriously need to trade that guy. I actually don't think they will be that bad this year despite the fact they traded 3 of their stars (Kotsay, Swisher, and Haren). Their young guys are good and Tate is pretty optimistic that they will win a championship by the time he is 4. Though young and naive, his points were convincing: they have amazing young pitching (Gio, Eveland, De Los Santos, Harden, Eveland), promising young hitters with a lot of upside (Barton, Buck, Gonzalez, Sweeney), veteran studs (Mike Sweeney, Ellis, Blanton), a girl (Crosby), and guys with funny last names (Hannahan, Furmaniak, Fiorentino). His unbridled hope has left me with a feeling of promise and excitement. Oh to be young again. On Saturday Mel, Tate, and I went to Shadow Cliffs with Jen, Lacey, Makenna, and Allison. We brought the dogs too. The weather has been super nice and it was fun to get out. Tomorrow we (Mel, Tate, and I) are heading to a cabin in Twain Harte. I haven't been there since I was really young so it should be fun. Twain Harte is a wild spring break party destination. Our families are coming up on Thursday. I'll post some pictures upon our return. For now you can enjoy these shots from the weekend:




The girls.
Grammy and Tate on Easter.
The Foster's joined our Easter festivities. (Editors note: Dan and Jake absolutely DESTROYED Josh and Chris in Bocce Ball).
Tate's winter-themed dusk Easter outfit.
Goodnight.
Straight gangsta.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, I have been saying that Crosby is a girl for a long time and I am just glad i finally found someone who agrees with me. Thanks Tate.

Davis

Anonymous said...

hey Dan, these random americans say they know you and they even say they are your friends...dude i don't know...you should really watch who you are becoming friends with;-)

Mary Madelynn said...

hey i just went to twain harte recently over spring break. it's so beautiful up there. we found this sweet "natural bridge" trail off the 120. I would highly recommend it the next time you go. hope you had fun up there.