Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

61*

I used to be really into politics. I read every book I could get my hands on. Watched the news so that I could be up on the issues. However, I eventually got pretty burned out on on the wishy-washiness and double-speakedness of it all and sort of became indifferent. Not indifferent in that I didn't keep up on the issues and government going-ons, I just became less interested in debating, discussing and being involved in all of the minutia and news on a day to day basis. That is until this presidential season. I have kept up pretty well on the debates and primaries and find it all pretty interesting. One person that has really stood out to me is Mitt Romney. Not because he is particularly engaging or because of his political stance but more so, because of his stunning good looks. I thought to myself one day..."Dan, this guy is pretty good looking for an old guy. But how old is he? I don't know Dan. I should look it up. Good idea Dan." So I did look it up. The Rom-man was born in March of 1947. That makes him 61. A quick poll of some of my friends and family found that he was suspected to be around 42 years old. Wrong. Here are some more of my findings in the form of a Google photo search of other 61 year old gentlemen:
Mitt is really 61.
So is this guy.
Him too.
As is the voice of Homer.
61 to life.
Old man Campbell died at 61.
It's not a bad thing that he is 61. Don't get me wrong. But it is obviously a fact that he and his dapper brown hair, tight chin, and supple pectorals, are not openly advertising. Lets just home I look that good when I am his age. Look me up in 2043.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are voting for him because of his looks? That sounds like a reason to like an acter for Hollywood. But, what does looks have anything to do with running a country? You should consider someone based on their character, record, beliefs, integrity, and other noble traits. Vanity is a poor excuse to get involved.

Dan said...

Anonymous,

I was being sarcastic for the purpose of humor. I am not voting for Romney. I appreciate your concern though.

Dan

Charlie said...

awesome. look closer at the tombstone. i believe it's "old lady" campbell (pearl i.) that died at age 61. "Old man" Campbell (George W.) died at 68... i believe. Odd that you pulled up a tombstone of someone named George W.... RALPH NADER in 2008!!!

gio said...

Tony Little 2008! (long hair, baseball cap, infomercials - you know him AND you can trust him)

Character? Check.
Record? Check.
Beliefs? Check.
Integrity? Check.
Other noble traits? Check.

Ferociously young and good looking? Check.

Unfortunately, he is vain, but can you blame him?

Anonymous said...

you said, 'home' instead of 'hope'

Jacob Foster said...

you just got factoided by grubstreet. they beat me to it.

Anonymous said...

grubstreet is not a they. now you too, have been factoided.

X-tina said...

Haha..Who is grubstreet and why is he so concerned with spelling errors?

Dan said...

he's a grumpy old man named eli. he lives in hollywood and has been jaded by the celebrity lifestyle, leaving him no other choice but to take the joy out of everyone he comes in contact with. pray for him.

Grubstreet said...

haha - that made this grumpy "old man" laugh, but not quite lol (laugh out loud). I'm not interested in spelling, typos, mistakes, inaccuracies or any of that kind of stuff other than reasons for jest, especially because my writings are full of grammar issues.

I just thought dan bowen, in all his splendor, should be aware that he should edit his blog because of a TYPO, not a misspelled word. Although, the P is nowhere near the M on the key board, so that typo is a bit of a peculiar one.

PS - Dan Bowen, you're a vicious liar. I intend to take the joy from no one. I say, "if it makes you happy, great... I just don't know why it would."