Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

MSM Stuff & More

I have gotten to do a bunch of fun ministry stuff lately. Life has been, well, busier than it has ever been before. Rather than being overwhelmed with it all, I have felt really blessed by all of the opportunities and places that God has placed me in. First off, I started teaching at High School X on Monday. I have 2 Freshman English classes and 1 Junior class. The kids are pretty good and I already have a few funny stories. The school has more new staff members than returning members so it's fun to be around a lot of new, young teachers. One teacher in particular is a solid Christian dude who I have known for a long time. He is my age and our rooms are right next to each other. God is pretty cool. It has been fun spending time with him as we both pretend to know what we are doing. In other news, ministry stuff (for lack of a better word) has been really encouraging lately (for lack of a non-Christianese word). I went on Houseboats for a couple days, which was fun, and the MSM has been really good. We had an All-Nighter last week where over 50 kids showed up (the most we've ever had at an MSM event). It was a tiring/really fun experience. I put together a pretty involved scavenger hunt for the students that culminated with a rendezvous at my dad's fire station. You can ask me for the details sometime, but needless to say it was great. Mel and Tate joined me at the MSM end of the summer party @ the Burke's place. It was a fun way to end the summer. Tate swam with me for a while. He is at his cutest when he is in the water. He loves to swim! Enjoy the pictures.
Houseboats 2008
The All-Nighter

thEvent @ the Burke's

3 comments:

lu said...

i just can't wait to see this little cute dude:-)

lauren said...

these pictures look really fun.
glad to hear (read) that life is good.
you should post some of the funny teaching stories.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel & Daniel, got your blog adress today from Ann & Mark. Remember me, 16 years ago, the former exchange student? It is so great for me to see, that you have a family. Best wishes from Switzerland, Christoph & Betty
P.S. We will get married on 27/Sep and send you some pictures...