Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Monterey/Mel's 27!/Deej & Emily/Adios Pletch

Mel and I went to Monterey last weekend and took Tate to the aquarium. He enjoyed the jellyfish, but was more interested in the ocean itself. The kid loves water. It was Mel's birthday on Thursday so we decided to get out of town. On Saturday we had some folks over for a celebratory barbecue. Life has been good lately. Blogging hasn't been priority one so I apologize half-heartedly for the lack of posts. On Sunday Dan and Emily got married. There were close to 400 people at the Pine's house. The ceremony was really nice and the reception was fun. I was the emcee and hopefully I didn't make too much of a fool out of myself. Tate was a trooper as he endured the 100 degree heat without a nap. He danced a bit too. At the end of it all he passed out in my arms, which was pretty cute. It was fun to spend time with all of our friends. Pletcher is moving back to Texas and we had a going away shindig for him yesterday at the Hopyard. He will be missed. In other news...I got a job. I will be teaching at "high school X" in the Fall. I don't want to say the name so I won't show up on Google searches. "High school X"is the most expensive high school in the nation. It is insane. It would be ridiculous if it was a college campus. Super nice. I will be teaching Freshman and Sophomore English. It shall be fun.
Here are some photos from the past week:
Mel's Barbecue
Deej & Emily's Wedding

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that doesn't happen everyday. wish you all the best.

moxleyfam said...

hope you and mel have great first days back to school!