Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tate's 1!!!!

Tate turned 1 on Thursday. He acted like it was just another day but I think he was just trying to be cool. One is a big deal and he knows it. Last Sunday we had a shindig for him. As Mel and I were preparing for it we didn't really take the whole gift factor in to account. The kid made out like a bandit. Dang it, Philly scored again...watching the World Series. Anyway, we can't believe a year has already gone by. It seems like just last week I was pilfering the nourishment room in search of cranberry juice and crackers for Tate.

Those were good times. I have some funny footage from his party that I will put up soon. Tate was dedicated at church last Sunday prior to his fiesta. Tate really hammed it up when we were in front of everyone. It was funny. He says "Bauer" and ball now. He attributes the name Bauer to all four legged creatures, but has an especially distinct inflection when he says it in reference to our hound. He may be the last person who actually talks to our dog. This past year has found Bauer's name being uttered far less in our home. However, he harbors no apparent ill will toward Tate. They'll be good friends someday. School is going well. I am teaching an after school study skills class and tomorrow I will start teaching a new class during 2nd period, working with students who are struggling in school. I am looking forward to it. Mel and I are staying at the Conley's while they are in Hawaii so I should be updating this thing more regularly over the next two weeks. Enjoy the video and pics:

Mel swaddled Tate last week. He didn't enjoy it.
Read the label. Thanks papa!

No comments: