Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Master Rev-Bo

On Saturday I graduated from University of Phoenix with my Master's Degree in Education and my Secondary Education Single-Subject SB-2042 Teaching Credential in English/Language Arts. I tried to make that sound pretty impressive. So far school districts are not impressed as I am now 0-4 in the interview game. Technically I am 1-5 I guess since I did get hired to teach summer school at Castro Valley High. I am happy to finally be done with school. I have enjoyed UOP and I met some great people that I hope to stay in contact with but it will be nice to have Tuesday nights free for the foreseeable future. The ceremony was held at the HP Pavilion in San Jose. It only lasted an hour or so, which was a welcomed surprise. Master's candidates get a goofy Harry Potter-like hood. I think that the people who designed graduation apparel never actually graduated from any sort of school and as such decided, with vengeance and spite in mind, to create the most absurd looking outfits possible. Their achieved their goal. I looked like a nerd, but luckily 200 or so other folks did as well. Doctoral candidates are probably worse off. Their hats are ridiculous. Look it up. Mel threw a graduation party for me on Sunday. A bunch of people came out to the canyon and some of my extended family got to see our place for the first time. As usual Mel was a great host and Tate was a stunning party emcee. Thank you to everyone that came and celebrated. In other news, Tate has nearly begun to crawl. He gets up on his hands and knees, which is a clear indicator to Mel and I that are lives are about to take yet another drastic turn. We are finding that its is surprisingly difficult to baby-proof a 600 square foot living space. I suppose the srapes and bruises will help Tate build character.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Graduating is a gift of God:P hope you'll get a job soon