Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

On my way Mr. Bowen

I got that text from a student who was running late to class on Monday. Awesome. So glad they stole my cell phone number. Yesterday marked the beginning of my 2-week countdown for the end of student teaching. That's right folks. Only 9 class days left. It will be a bittersweet but welcomed end to this chapter in my education. Yesterday also marked Tate's 6 month life anniversary. He had his 6-month check-up on Tuesday. The doctor said that he is about 2 moths ahead developmentally and that we are in trouble. Roughly the same speech the doctor (same guy) gave my parents when I was that age. He gets to start eating different types of baby food now. It has become a fun form of torture, feeding him various concoctions of mashed up human food. Most of it is stuff Bauer would turn his nose at and Tate seems to be having the same reaction. He is however stoked to be sitting eye level with us at meals. As you can see he is in a big-boy high chair now. The doctor gave us all of Tate's stats, none of which were surprising. Length: 40%; Weight: 55%; and head size...96%. In short (literally), he is built like his parents. Luckily that means he will also be in the 100th percentile in terms of adorability. Ask any doctor and they'll tell you the same.

Funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks obvious me that this fine young man needs more attention and intertainment than any two parents could possibly give. Due to the adorability of this child in need, I have made a decision.

I quit! That's right...I can no longer stomach watching Lynne and Anne Conley have sole possession of Tate while I go off to work. Sooo....I quit!

Come December, I will no longer be known as Craig, fire chief; but will be known as grandpa-dude...or something like that.

Tate has told me privately that he needs adventures and the crazyness only an immature grandpa can offer.

My plan is to enable Mark and I to monopolize Tate's future and the future of any other grandchildren yet to come in the following manner:.

Windsurf-fishing; camping in real dirty places; Wee-bowling; rubber-raft-sailing with giant beach-towels; mud-pie-fights; spitting contests; worm-eating attempts; gutter-boat racing during rainstorms; dog-riding; squirt-gun fights in the house; launching noodles out the left-nostrils; pincher-bug collecting; and of course, one of the best games of all...the laughing-til-you-puke and then give back to parents game!

Should be fun...Dad