Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Friday, April 18, 2008

In 20 Years Tate Will Be 20

The past couple weeks have been pretty busy. However, I have managed to spend more time than usual with Tate. I even gave him a bath by myself the other night which was a first. He is getting really vocal. He has developed a fake cough. It's funny. One of the highlights of the last week was the VBC 20th Anniversary Dinner. I think that everyone who went was really blessed by it. It was cool to see how much the church has changed through the years and how God has consistently blessed us. The video highlights were pretty classic as well. Jamie Fox shared about what the church, and specifically Mark Porter, has meant to him, which was an especially meaningful part of the evening's festivities. It was also good to see a bunch of people that I hadn't seen in a while. Melissa helped organize and set up for Melissa Foster's baby shower that day so essentially we (Mel, Tate, and I) were at the church from 11am-9pm. Mel and Tate took a nap in the MSM room on one of the nappy couches while I corrected papers prior to the dinner. Funny stuff. I went to a couple job fairs last week. Nothing too promising but it was good to get my resume out there and to meet some principals. The Foothill. Dublin Unified is doing invite-only interviews and I got called today for an interview next Saturday. We'll see what happens. I only have 15 days left of student teaching. My students are pleading with me to stay until the end of the year. I remind them that I am not getting paid and as much fun as it is to put up with their "stuff" each day, I am going to have to pass. In truth, I will miss them and have had a very positive teaching experience but I am looking forward to having my own classroom.

Curious Tate.
Foster baby shower workers (not all of them).
VBC HSM Graduates.
Green eggs and Tate (Tate says thanks cousin Heather!).

2 comments:

Mary Madelynn said...

nice pictures. kinda wish i'd known about the anniversary. good look with your interview! I hear your supposed to wear blue to those things and sit up straight, research the company, and have a good handshake. you can thank me later.

Anonymous said...

great pictures! it was god to see the familiar faces too:)