Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tacky Recappy

The tacky sweater party was a lot of fun and by many accounts, was the best tacky party we've had. I picked out the perfect sweater vest and turtleneck at Goodwill. I laid it out on a counter and turned around to find a clashing pair of pants. Two minutes later I returned and found that my outfit had been snatched by a young gentlemen (likely headed to a similar gala). But alas, the tacky sweater diety shined a majestic light from the neon bulbs above my head and I saw her hanging from a discount rack in all of her teal, reflective glory. In 1970, this snow outfit might have cost a woman over $100, but times have changed and so has the gender for which this outfit was intended. I paid 7 dollars. Sure it fit a bit snug in areas that should be better concealed, but it was a gift from the tacky gods to be certain. Charlie's mom made him a pretty impressive outfit, complete with Christmas lights, candy cane holder, and stockings. Melissa wore the heinous sweater ensemble that I discovered. Although I was sick, it was a good night. A ton of people were there. Here's to next year! Below you will find some pictures from the party as well as some pics from our family Christmas celebration at the Bowen grandparents on Sunday, (after spending a splendid day with the Conley side of the fam on Saturday-sorry no pics). If you still have a hankering for more tacky Christmas pics, click this link.

Tacky Sweater Party


They were really sleeping like this!

Christmas @ Bowen Grandparents


Tate got a new teddy bear...
He then laid on top of the bear and hugged and kissed it...

As rare as a bigfoot sighting...


No comments: