Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Double Crossed By The Swashbuckler Least Expected (On the eve of his untimely demise)

I now know how Jack Bauer must have felt at the end of 24's first season when he found out that Nina was dirty. As a point of reference I will remind you that Charles was the best man (1 of 2) in my wedding and I have shared many a glorious experience with him. Heck, we even used to send out Christmas cards together. Just when you think you know a guy, I mean really know him, he goes and joins the like of Matt Ginn and Shaun LeBlanc in the realm of beardless sissy cowards. Harsh words, I know, but deserved nonetheless. My son will not hear of his father and Uncle Charles' exploits in the K-Car or sold-out Fish Outta Water shows. On the contrary. Only one bedtime story will be told about his so-called "uncle." My son will say, "Hey dad, can you tell me that story again?" To that I will likely respond by asking, "which story do you mean son?" He will reply by saying: "The one where you cry, featuring a tangled web of deceit, heartbreak, and cowardice." I will then proceed to tell him, for the 100th time, the story about the day his late Uncle Charles allowed a razor to touch his beard 4 days before his untimely demise.

4 comments:

Charlie said...

are you saying i am cursed to die now? dan, i've said it already, i'll say it again, and i will continue to say it untill i recieve forgivness. I AM SORRY! you know that my commitment to you and your child will never waiver. my beard was starting to stink with all the food that fell into it, it was curling into my nose, and all my dates cancelled on me. it was time. lets just try to remember the good times our beards have had together. love you!

Anonymous said...

hahaha yes.

Unknown said...

bahahahaha. oh charlie.

Melanie said...

hahahaha! you are a great writer dan, you should write a book